ENVIRONMENTAL AND SUSTAINABILITY
Osprey Management Group uses guidance and best practice from the Sustainable Restaurant Association, which is a non-profit organisation, helping food businesses to work towards sustainability.
It is the company’s aim to:
- Minimise energy consumption
- Have efficient waste management strategies
- Promote efficient and sustainable purchasing
Our aspiration is to constantly reduce electricity, water and gas consumption, this is through a combination of technological and operational practices:
Employees receive training upon induction regarding the efficient use of utilities. This includes:
- when to turn on and off equipment
- efficient use of cooling, freezing and refrigeration systems.
Wherever possible energy-saving technologies are used; these include:
- Sensor lighting
- LED lighting wherever possible
- Class (A) efficient, kitchen and bar equipment
- Heineken “Smart Dispense” beer systems which reduce water and electricity use substantially
- Using “smart” gas and electricity meters to monitor consumption
- Annual efficiency audits to assess performance and establish areas of improvement
Waste is currently segregated as follows:
- paper and card,
- cooking oil,
- light bulbs
- general waste
We are actively exploring the possibility of segregating food waste for anaerobic digestion.
We only use approved waste management companies. Presently all cooking oil is converted into biodiesel.
- Plastic straws have now been replaced with 100% biodegradable straws
- Plastic water and soft drinks bottles have been replaced with recyclable glass
- Disposable coffee cups are discouraged where possible
- The majority of our food products are purchased from Cumbrian based suppliers
- We do not offer for sale any fish or seafood which is classified as ‘fish to avoid consuming’ as per the Marine Conservation Society
- We only purchase free-range local eggs
- The use of paper and printing is discouraged where possible