The hotel is set is a peaceful rural location in the Western Lake District. We are situated between Cockermouth and Workington, in a small hamlet with views of the Western fells and Solway coast. Whilst we aim to provide the best possible access for guests with limited mobility, the hotel buildings are over 150 years old and have some period features which could make access difficult.
We have 27 en-suite rooms, 2 twins, 2 singles and 23 doubles. We do not have any rooms on the ground floor and there is no lift. However, our dining room, bar and lounge and main function rooms are on the ground floor and are accessible.
- Please contact us by telephone, email, fax or letter to check availability & rates
- Pictures of our accommodation and further information on our location is available at www.hunday-manor-hotel.co.uk
- We are 2 miles from the centre of Workington and 9 miles from Cockermouth in a rural location.
- The nearest train station is in Workington, which is on the Cumbrian coastal railway and is a 5 minute drive by car. This train line connects with the West Coast Mainline at Carlisle. Penrith or Carlisle are the nearest mainline train stations and are approx. 30 miles away.
- The nearest shops are situated in Workington and Cockermouth
- We have numbers for local taxi firms who have accessible taxis if required, and these can be booked for hotel guests by reception.
- Menus can be provided in large print on request
- We have a wheelchair on site available for guest use
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is a complimentary ground floor on site car parking with 80+ spaces and the car park has a gravelled surface.
- There are 2 designated disabled car parking spaces which are allocated closest to the hotel
- Car parking cannot be reserved unless prior notice is given and we are happy to reserve a disabled space
- There is a drop off point at the reception entrance which is also used for taxis
- Check in is from 2.00pm, however should you have any special requirements for your arrival please contact us
- From the car park there is a ramp which is 130 cm in width leading to the entrance porch there are also 3 stairs
- Access to the main function room is separate to the main hotel and is on the level
- Guide dogs are allowed
- Between 11pm - 7am entrances to the hotel are locked and access is via telephoning the hotel and the night porter will allow access
Main Entrance and Function Room Entrance
- There is one main entrance to the hotel and access to the function room is separate and not via the main hotel entrance
- Both the reception entrance and function room entrance are accessible and the main hotel entrance has a concrete ramp
- The front entrance of the hotel has 3 stairs
- Both the reception and function rooms entrances have 24hr lighting
- The main entrance is 130 cm wide and the function room entrance is 100 cm wide
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
- There are no lifts in the hotel and all guest bedrooms are located on the first floor.
- All public areas including reception, lounge, dining room, bar and function rooms are located on the ground floor. This excludes the boardroom which is accessed from the ground floor and has 3 steps.
- There is a fully accessible toilet is located on the ground floor, a disabled toilets are also available in the function room
- The majority of the flooring is carpeted with tiles in the public toilets
- All corridors are light at night with lights left on all evening.
- Baby changing facilities are located in the accessible toilet in reception & disabled toilet in the function suite
- Furniture can be moved to accommodate guest requirements in all public areas
- The doorway to the dining room from reception is 200 cm wide
Dining Room and Bar/Lounge
- The dining rooms is on the ground floor and can be reached easily from reception
- The restaurant was refurbished in October 2013.
- The restaurant seats up to 80 people and all free standing chairs can be moved
- There are no stairs entering or within the restaurant
- Before entering the restaurant there is the bar and lounge for pre-dinner drinks with moveable seating
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- All but 2 of the rooms are located the first floor with 2 further rooms located on the 2nd floor
- All rooms are carpeted and have tiled floor bathrooms
- There are 25 stairs leading up the bedrooms. The staircase is wide and the steps are shallow and there is a handrail.
- There is one room which has handrails in the en-suite bathroom - this is room number 8
- Most rooms have en-suite bathrooms which are on the same level as the bedroom and some rooms have bathrooms which have two or three steps down to the bathroom – please let us know if this would present a problem when booking.
- Assistance with luggage is always available from reception
- Large print copies of all the room information is available on request
- In the event of the fire alarm sounding, all guests must vacate the hotel and meet in the main car park. Fire procedures are provided on the back of each bedroom door. The Duty Manager and Receptionist on duty will be in charge of co-ordinating the fire brigade and checking the in house guest list.
- The hotel has a strict no smoking policy
- We do not have family rooms and children 6 and under are free of charge when using existing beds. We unfortunately do not have capacity for extra beds in our rooms.
- Pets are not allowed except Guide Dogs
Address: Hunday Manor Hotel, Winscales, Workington. CA14 4JF
Telephone: 01900 61798
Hours of operation: Open year round except closes after lunch on Christmas day and reopens on the 28th December.
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01900 61798 or email firstname.lastname@example.org